Full Job Description
We're a growing company committed to our core values and our colleagues. We're proud to be a 2023 Great Place to Work winner. We offer great benefits.... including the company paying for vacation expenses!
Agile Fleet, Inc. is hiring a Controller to lead the organization’s day-to-day financial efforts. The Controller, who reports to the company’s President, is responsible for managing all accounting, finance, HR and office management functions within our growing organization, including full cycle accounting, interacting with the leadership team, serving as the point of contact for all compliance work (tax, audit, legal), managing human resource policies & procedures and assisting with special projects as needed. A key skillset we seek is the ability to motivate, lead and manage a very capable team consisting of a CPA, a business officer manager, a part-financial advisor, an external CPA firm and a HR support contractor. The role requires the ability to work at both the operational and strategic levels.
The Controller is Responsible for…
- Establishing financial, contractual and human resource policies, procedures and controls.
- Leading the company through its first formal review and audit.
- Defining and monitoring adherence to internal controls as drafted in our life-cycle accounting manual.
- Developing and tracking budgets actuals.
- Managing onboarding of new clients, including contract reviews, file management, monitoring of deliverables, invoicing, and tracking AR.
- Managing relationships with external partners, including a CPA firm, an HRIS service provider, an HR firm, banks, vendors, insurance providers, etc.
- Coordinating audits, working closely with external auditors, and other external agencies.
- Fully embracing the company’s adoption of the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS), our company’s business operating system.
- Grow the accounting team, as required, to achieve approved plans and goals.
- Full cycle accounting and the month end close process.
- Preparation, review, and presentation of monthly financial statements to the CEO.
- Preparation and filing of monthly/quarterly sales tax.
- Preparation of annual 1099’s and other tax required documents.
- Administration and review of bonus and commission structures and related calculations.
- Administration of health benefit plans, retirement plans, and related HR functions.
- Review of payroll process including the 401K and health benefit process.
- Review of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Overview and implementation of company policies including capitalization, expense reimbursement, paid time off.
- Provide support for tax compliance and the annual financial statement audit process.
- Manage cash daily, managing the timing of receivables and payables.
- Management of Human Resource processes and documentation
- Play an integral role in investigating and implementing equity compensation plans for employees and key contributors.
- Analyze and support opportunities for acquisition or other transactions benefiting all stakeholders of the company.
- Provide assistance with special projects on an as needed basis.
- CPA accreditation is required (active license).
- Experience working with accounting packages (QuickBooks is preferred).
- Practical knowledge in a SaaS product accounting environment.
- Previous responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area
- Knowledge of accounting rules and concepts, including project accounting and SaaS accounting.
- Experience in a startup-like environment is a desirable quality.
- Technical knowledge of US GAAP. Ability to interpret and apply new accounting guidance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and analytical thinking are a must.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to programmatic colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, manage timelines, and deliver upon deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Open to building a career in a fast-paced environment to learn our business operations, what we do and how we do it.
- An appreciation of and willingness to embrace a company culture rooted in partnership, initiative, approachability, integrity, and flexibility;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
To hold this position, you MUST…
Meet the following and/or able to:
- Pass a criminal background check
- Work in the office at our Chantilly, VA location. Occasional telecommuting is avalable.
- Be amenable to providing proof of fiscal responsibility and demonstrating the highest standards of ethics.
About Agile Fleet…
Our company is small (~ 30 employees) yet our reputation is known throughout the fleet industry across North America, including government (federal, state, local), education (colleges, universities), commercial industries, and non-profits. Our headquarters is in Chantilly Virginia. We are privately held. Our company and our client-base are growing. Our growth last year exceed 27% over the prior year. We operate under the proven management framework, Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS - https://www.eosworldwide.com/what-is-eos). We hire, promote, and make other changes based upon our core values of:
- Strong Partnerships - Building and maintaining strong partnerships is the foundation of our success.
- Initiative - We take responsibility for our roles. We’re proactive and we think outside the box.
- Approachability - We are friendly, unpretentious, and welcoming.
- Integrity - We are trustworthy, fair, and ethical, and we expect the same from our colleagues, clients, and partners.
- Flexibility - We are Agile. We happily adapt to changing priorities and conditions to achieve success.
What exactly is it that we do? Organizations of all shapes and sizes rely on vehicles to do their work. We provide software and other technology to help organizations manage those vehicles. Our niche in the fleet industry is that we have the software and hardware tools that facilitate the efficient sharing of vehicles (e.g., reservations, self-service vehicle check-out & check-in, utilization reporting, automated billing). Through efficient sharing and vehicle management, organizations save time, reduce costs, and improve service to their stakeholders. Our product, FleetCommander, also has fleet management capabilities / features such as GPS, self-service kiosks with automated key control, preventive maintenance scheduling, risk management, fuel management, driver management, reporting, and more. Locally, organizations such as Montgomery County, Prince George’s County, Fairfax County, the EPA, Frostburg University, and more use our system. I would encourage all interested candidates to view our web site (www.AgileFleet.com) before responding to learn about our workplace culture, products, services, and our outstanding customer service.
You might also be wondering about pay and benefits…
This is an exempt, full-time, salaried position. The salary is commensurate with experience and competitive with other similar sized organizations.
At Agile Fleet, we care about every team member, and offer a positive culture with opportunities for career growth, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% matching after 90 days of employment with no vesting waiting period
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Professional development assistance
- AD&D and Life insurance plans insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- Paid time off, including 5 standard plus 6 flexible holidays a year
- Paid, paid time off! That’s no typo. We reimburse employees for vacation expenses.
- Work-from-home options
- Flexible work schedules
Agile Fleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We empower every member of our team to innovate, ideate, and communicate, cultivating a culture around curiosity and learning. Because Agile Fleet is committed to diversity and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status or any of the other important characteristics that make us unique and valuable. We celebrate and crave diversity because we realize different perspectives and experiences make us stronger and pave the runway for our future.
Pay: From $145,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- GAAP: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
- Health insurance